Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Test builds for SPMC 17 (Krypton) #936

Open
koying opened this issue Jun 19, 2017 · 464 comments
Open

Test builds for SPMC 17 (Krypton) #936

koying opened this issue Jun 19, 2017 · 464 comments

Comments

@koying
Copy link
Owner

koying commented Jun 19, 2017

As the tile says.

20171202: 17.6 Alpha 2
http://download.semperpax.com/spmc/android-arm/SPMC-17.6a2-spmc-ed022ef-armeabi-v7a.apk

@xodidox
Copy link

xodidox commented Jun 19, 2017

Cool! The "1717" in the package name "com.semperpax.spmc1717" is intended, or just a typo? I'm using the USB storage for the KODI data, due to the Android permission issue, I need copy all the data to the new location that SPMC can access, so I need create a folder with the package name (/storage/usbotg/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc1717), but the "1717" part of the name seems weird.

@xodidox
Copy link

xodidox commented Jun 19, 2017

Fire TV 2nd gen. The splash screen picture is small, seems 720P, not 1080P.

@Schrotty74
Copy link

Great, will test on Shield TV 2017.

@koying
Copy link
Owner Author

koying commented Jun 19, 2017

The "1717" in the package name "com.semperpax.spmc1717" is intended

Nope ;)

@TinderboxUK
Copy link

TinderboxUK commented Jun 19, 2017

Seems to fix my problem of a black screen when Amlogic is enabled and i play h.265 8bit 1080p

But it seems to disable hybrid playback when i play h.264 10-bit, I prefer the odd bit of corruption than an really jerky video with my cpu maxed out as the video is decoded in software mode only.

I have a tv box with an Amilogic S905X 2GB 8GB

Thanks for the fix

John.

@oOflyeyesOo
Copy link

Great!! I will be installing when I get home from work.

@wrxtasy
Copy link

wrxtasy commented Jun 19, 2017

Brief Feedback:

Amcodec is still retained = joy for AML users like me, especially those that need high quality Hardware deinterlacing when using Krypton.

Unfortunately I could not activate the TvH PVR client, because as soon as EPG data was imported SPMC 17.x crashed. (Works fine in 16.x)

Partial Logcat (using WeTek play2 - ATV MM ROM):
https://pastebin.com/QiA2pwnR

@dm2912
Copy link

dm2912 commented Jun 19, 2017

does this install as a seperate install or upgrade? im guessing seperate

edit: its a seperate install running alongside SPMC 16

@oOflyeyesOo
Copy link

Let me us dm2912, but it should be separate as this should have a test key.

@aas88keyz
Copy link

aas88keyz commented Jun 19, 2017

Question. I have a FTV2 and there is confusion about what version of SPMC I should install. I know the 17alpha seems to currently only offer the armeabi-v7a version. Now both CPU-Z and FireTV2 specs both say the chip is an arm 64 bit but when I look up the system info in either KODI or SPMC it tells me that the cpu is an aarch64. Who do I trust and should I hold out for a aarch64 version to try or if needed can I update from armeabi-v7a to aarch64 when released? Or is armeabi-v7a the official way to go?

Edit: If this is in the wrong thread please transfer to the appropriate one.

@somedevreally
Copy link

somedevreally commented Jun 19, 2017

SPMC 17.x crashes after loading IPTV channels using PVR IPTV simple client. on nvidia shield 2017 5.2

@nero12
Copy link

nero12 commented Jun 19, 2017

my app dont work on SPMC 17 .
it just keep loading, its as if it take ages to connect to my server running json information which is passed to the plugin.

http://paste.semperpax.com/pxbc7omtg

@bossbrody
Copy link

cool testing now, and thank you..

@dm2912
Copy link

dm2912 commented Jun 19, 2017

well its passed the first test.

daytimes i have kodi running pretty much all day with google play music, and official 17 and 18 both force close everytime it gets to the end of an album (and frequently at random as well)..

spmc 17, smoothly through with no problems

@zapp-it
Copy link

zapp-it commented Jun 19, 2017

@wrxtasy same here with the TVH pvr client, nothing to see in the debug log...

@HDGuy
Copy link

HDGuy commented Jun 19, 2017

So the alpha build seems to combine the issues I was having with SPMC and the Android version of Kodi:

UPnP still doesn't work. Since the Airplay option was added to the UPnP menu it's all screwed up.

Kodi Android (and this version of SPMC) doesn't sync to display properly. For example- when I try to play a 25fps video with sped up audio @ 23.97 (synced to display) the picture judders, and the audio is all screwed up. With SPMC 16.7 the video/audio plays back properly, smooth, no judders or lost frames.

This is very important as there is a fair amount of 25fps video with sped up audio which SPMC can reclock properly @ 23.97.

@cowballz
Copy link

Does this have the feature to launch leanback Apks? For example Vevo apk has mobile and leanback in the same Apk so SPMC would only launch mobile version of the Apk

@xodidox
Copy link

xodidox commented Jun 20, 2017

I found the video playback stopped automatically when I press the back button? Is this by design? Is there any way to override this behavior?

@TheseUserNamesAreMakingMeThirsty

It's a feature of SPMC, see - #189

@xodidox
Copy link

xodidox commented Jun 20, 2017

I downloaded https://github.com/koying/SPMC/blob/spmc-krypton/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml and removed Stop <browser_back>Stop</browser_back> from this file and put it to /storage/usbotg/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc1717/files/.spmc/userdata/keymaps/, but it doesn't work.

@wrxtasy
Copy link

wrxtasy commented Jun 20, 2017

Yes and I and many others actually prefer the SPMC Back button - Stop function vs what standard Kodi uses, particularly when using Wireless remote that have no dedicated Stop button.

Long press (ie hold down) the back button if you want standard - Back button Kodi functionality.
Go to the other thread to discuss the issue instead of clogging up this one.

@SaEt9000
Copy link

Hi,
i installed the spmc 17alpha on minix U1 (amlogic S905).
With enabled HW-acceleration and disabled audio passthrough I am getting good results. Fluent video and frameswitching is working well.

When I am enabling the audio-passthrough, then no audio output is recognizable - AC3 and DTS.

Is this the expected result for audio passthrough at this time or does it make sense to change some audio settings?

Good work!
SaEt9000

@ziggy73701
Copy link

ziggy73701 commented Jun 20, 2017

Looks like ambilight/Hyperion support has stopped. With androidproject enabled I get no image sent. Tried various setting changes , disables mediacode (surface)

Quick update, for anyone else using you need to disable the grabber then it's all good!

Other than that, it's pretty sweet!! Fixed all my sound sync issues on the Nvidia Shield

@Rohazon
Copy link

Rohazon commented Jun 20, 2017

just tried it, passthrough not working for me (shield tv) while latest stable release do the job.
Thanks for the work anyway

@navehgrofi
Copy link

is there a way to disable the TVH per client from xml editing? i cannot load SPMC anymore cause it crashes every time after enabling it

This build also has the same issues with opening Android APKs as v16.7. That is, it doesn''t open most of them set as favourites.
As per 16.7 cases #911, #917 & #933

@s2law
Copy link

s2law commented Jun 21, 2017

As mentioned above, this release won't allow you to launch android apps directly.

Thanks, I have read it all again and still fail to see that mentioned. I must be blind.

@s2law
Copy link

s2law commented Jun 21, 2017

I was referring to your comment lol

@playerb0y
Copy link

@GeorgeSands Thanks, mate, that's probably it. Shame though, because FTMC is still at Jarvis and Krypton is quite a leap forward in general. Might as well gone back to vanilla stock Kodi, unless SPMC offers something else...

@rd-su
Copy link

rd-su commented Feb 20, 2018

It seems we all are wasting our time, because @koying is posting at Kodi forum, and his position is Team-Kodi Developer.
https://forum.kodi.tv/member.php?action=profile&uid=36090

Maybe some words here to finish all this mystery...

@ziggy73701
Copy link

As I understood it, SPMC was a fork of Kodi pretty much for Koying's personal use for some extra features. If you check the code here you will see there was a version bump and updates done about 12 days ago, fingers crossed Team Kodi and Koying are working together on the main build, and then we can benefit from a specific build with SPMC.
For those waiting for new builds, have you created tickets with your issues so people can help resolve?

@JFG90
Copy link

JFG90 commented Mar 18, 2018

Just to let everyone know Koying has just announced on his twitter he has stopped all development of kodi and spmc

@Schrotty74
Copy link

Lol this is the badest Support over last month. Its good whene now end.

@edjanx
Copy link

edjanx commented Mar 18, 2018 via email

@Theetjuh
Copy link

Shame liked your work @koying, luckily I bought a Vero4K after the inactivity the past few months, loving it!
Hopefully the Shield can come in action again with Kodi 18 or 19 when it has matured on Android.

@JFG90
Copy link

JFG90 commented Mar 18, 2018

Spmc alpha works perfectly for me for what i use it for, so will keep using it until using kodi 18 is necessary

@Num25r
Copy link

Num25r commented Mar 18, 2018 via email

@zombieagain
Copy link

@Theetjuh I'm looking at the Vero 4k myself. Can you comment on auto refresh rate change, HDR10 and Audio passthrough capabilities. Is there anything that SPMC does better than OSMC at this point?
I briefly looked at Kodi 18, but I understand that auto refresh rate and color space changes still don't work, correct?

@Theetjuh
Copy link

It is an Android issue as far as I know, this will change with Oreo, but untill then apps can’t do anything about it it seems.

The Vero 4K does all the good stuff, but it is still being build to perfection.
All the basic stuff works out-of-the-box, for 10bit you need SSH access atm to change a setting.
But Sam, the maintainer of OSMC, I got all confidence in him to make it better and better.
I’ve used OSMC over OE and LE on my RPi with much love, so I know what he and his team can offer.

Nothing against Koying btw, he delivered nice work as well, thanks for all your code!

@zombieagain
Copy link

zombieagain commented Mar 18, 2018

+1 I only have good things to say about SPMC. When I was using Kodi, audio passthrough worked in 10% of the cases, SPMC is 95%. But having recently spent quite a bit of money for a 4k tv and a 4k receiver, I really need the HDR chain to work and, bonus point, an active support in fixing bugs.

@MysteryIII
Copy link

MysteryIII commented Mar 18, 2018

It's really a pity to see you go away. I secretly hoped that with Kodi 18, the features and hacks would get fused. Please overlook Scoty43's comment, I'm quite shocked about it myself. You are giving special non-profit support, all alone by yourself, for a device and he keeps nagging about to less support, that's wrong in any way.

I took a closer look to it, and MrMC is another fork of Kodi, isn't it? If so it just means you gave up on your on fork to put (more or less) same work into this fork, but this time not lonely?

If I'm getting it right, this means not only your way of working, but also we (the users) benefit from it?

But I must also say that in my opinion the third party support (Repos) made Kodi as popular as it is. If MrMC sticks to the politics to not support it, it will probably stay a niche product.

I wish you all the best for your future. Without any doubts you are a big loose for the Kodi development on Android.

@thecubasekid
Copy link

thecubasekid commented Mar 18, 2018

Sad news for sure, but MASSIVE THANK YOU to koying for all the great builds he gave, still use SPMC Jarvis in my car's android head unit and several cheap Chinese boxes round the house, and probably will for the life of that kit... nothing comes close. Thank you.

@Nehemoth
Copy link

Nehemoth commented Mar 19, 2018 via email

@CLFNole
Copy link

CLFNole commented Mar 19, 2018

Definitely a big thank you to Koying for all his hard work. I will continue to use SPMC as the most recent Alpha 2 works great for me. So is he also stepping away from Kodi as well as SPMC? I recall he was working on the main Kodi development lately.

Copy link

@CLFNole yes, see his Tweet - https://twitter.com/koying/status/975425129239990273

Chris Browet
@koying

After many years of feeling lonely as the Android guy for @koditv and handling #SPMC, I'm happy to announce I'll be joining the @MrMC_tv team.

As a side-effect, my involvement in Kodi and SPMC comes to an end as of today.

https://mrmc.tv/2018/03/18/welcome-our-new-mrmc-team-member-koying-you-know-the-one-from-spmc-and-kodi-fame/

@CLFNole
Copy link

CLFNole commented Mar 19, 2018

So has anyone tried out MrMC? Is it worth switching?

There is a Lite version, try that. Depends on whether or not the restrictions of MrMC effect/annoy you.

@flipside101
Copy link

Always sad news when choice drops but Good on koyning and may be thrive

Ill hang on the Mr MMC decision till i see how it works with the retroplayer world and IARL

@flipside101
Copy link

though going by the comment below im not holding out hope

Re: Will MrMC ever include RetroPlayer support?
Post 07 Dec 2016, 14:36

I would say it's a 100% no, it's not something that we think should be a part of a media player.

@TinderboxUK
Copy link

I only ever use SPMC as a video file player and find it excellent, Could we not get a video playback only version of SPMC.

Is it not the and ability to use addons to play some streamed content that is the legal problem with KODI/SPMC

I have never use SPMC to play streamed video so my knowledge about this may be mistaken.

Thank-You for all your work on SPMC.

John.

@T800mc
Copy link

T800mc commented Mar 19, 2018

I looked into MrMC but I can't use the Emby add-on (only the native client) and I can't use AeonMQ as a skin. I'm thinking I would rather be using a build behind using Kodi than locked in like something from Apple.

@T800mc what difference are you wanting in the Emby experience? Try the lite version of MrMC. It didn't have a delete option with their Emby client but that got fixed.
It's otherwise fine for me in regards to Emby.
The skin issue will always exist, and what annoyed me most today with the full version I just brought, no Weather or ability to have any Android app launch from it, eg Netflix, YouTube etc...

@T800mc
Copy link

T800mc commented Mar 19, 2018

I run a rather large library. Using the Emby add-on it works pretty much full speed. Anything else so far has not been good enough for speed. Also, it doesn't integrate into the skin as well.
You just put me off it even further. It sounds like a crippled version of SPMC.

Yes, it's crippled and I can't consider using it in its current state.

@jhoff80
Copy link

jhoff80 commented Mar 22, 2018

More than anything else, the lack of skins thing is a problem for me. Looks like I'll be switching back to Kodi.

@zombieagain
Copy link

Ordered a Vero 4k and started watching the Oscars forum to familiarize myself. Looks very promising and the support team is very active! Looks like Android TV needs some more time to catch up with proper switching of resolutions, color spaces and refresh rates, no matter what app we use. SPMC made the best of what is possible at the moment.

@zombieagain
Copy link

OSMC forum...

@Dnkhatri
Copy link

Does vero support 4k and hdr playback of from netflix and amazon.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests