Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Not working in kodi 18 leia #12

Open
DoBucki opened this issue Feb 20, 2019 · 41 comments
Open

Not working in kodi 18 leia #12

DoBucki opened this issue Feb 20, 2019 · 41 comments

Comments

@DoBucki
Copy link

DoBucki commented Feb 20, 2019

Version 18.1, autocompletion pulls options but when one clicks on any, kodi shuts down on any addon (including YouTube) . It does work within kodi (in settings, addons, search )

@drinfernoo
Copy link

Myself and other users have also had this same behavior, all the way back to the later RCs of 18.0. The suggestions work, and the "cache" files are made, but choosing one crashes completely out of Kodi.

@drinfernoo
Copy link

I believe the issue is only happening on Android, however, as I haven't had it happen at all on my PC. I can furnish log files from both systems as soon as I replicate the issue in a clean install.

@SerpentDrago
Copy link

SerpentDrago commented Feb 22, 2019

I've seen this issue randomly . it gets the suggestions but then crashes if you click the result . Only on Android

@asando90
Copy link

I’m getting the same issue using autocompletion results show but it just crashes the system if you select them. Using Kodi 18.1 on CoreELEC

@Fraisdos
Copy link

Fraisdos commented Mar 3, 2019

Same behavior on raspberry Kodi 18

@funnypanks
Copy link

Same issue on Fire TV with Kodi 18.1. Reinstalled 17.6 and the issue went away.

@brew99
Copy link

brew99 commented Mar 9, 2019

Same issue with me on AndroidTV, Kodi 18.1

@drinfernoo
Copy link

Mine appears to be intermittent, working sometimes but not others, and doesn't seem to depend on which plugin initiates the search either.

@msh0004
Copy link

msh0004 commented Mar 9, 2019

Kodi has been crashing as soon as I pick a result from the auto complete suggestions since Leia RC 2. I'm on 18.1 and the problem still persists.

@macardi
Copy link

macardi commented Mar 10, 2019

Same problem here. Was looking for help at the Kodi forum four month ago but did not get any response

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338306&highlight=autocompletion

@onlytanmoy
Copy link

Same issue at my end too...Kodi 18 instantly crashes when I pick a result from the auto completion suggestion...never had this problem in Krypton!

@roliverosc-zz
Copy link

roliverosc-zz commented Mar 22, 2019

It also happens in Windows 10 1809 and Kodi 18.1.

@kekkox88
Copy link

Same issue on Kodi 18.1 and autocompletation. Kodi crashes when a result is picked. All works well with Kodi 17.6. My device is Tanix TX 5 pro.

@ricklepick
Copy link

Seeing this too. RPi3 using OSMC Kodi 18 and Aeon Nox Silvo theme. Crashes as soon as I click a suggestion from the add-on under the v-keyboard. Reverted to 17.6 with Aeon Nox 5 theme and all is fine. I heavily rely on this addon. Guess I am stuck in 17.6. :-(

@themasterpage
Copy link

Same scenario here on a OSMC Vero 4k+ with the stock theme. Autocompletion brings on the crash.

@wonder75
Copy link

wonder75 commented Aug 6, 2019

Can confirm this. Latest LibreElec9 on Pi 3B.
It doesn't crash every time I select a suggestion but pretty often.

Changing search providers didn't fix it
This is the only bug in Kodi I really care about, because typing on my TVs remote is not enjoyable and working suggestions would improve the situation massively.

@DoBucki
Copy link
Author

DoBucki commented Sep 4, 2019

haven't seen any response for fix or even if you're working on it what is the status have you given up on this addon

@drinfernoo
Copy link

It appears that if you use "Google" as the search provider, it doesn't crash, but that's anecdotal... I can't confirm it 100%, simply because the original bug was so inconsistent anyways 😩

@DIDIK3V1
Copy link

I can confirm that even with google it still crashes

@siddharthmakwana
Copy link

same issue with my Ri3 but after switching the search for youtube to Google, it is working fine.

@GeorgesLady47
Copy link

Just wondering...could it be because it was created for Krypton and hasn't been updated in 4 years, so it doesn't jive with Leia?? It still crashes on me even with Google selected.

@SerpentDrago
Copy link

People have looked at the code there doesn't appear to be any issues , no one knows why it crashs

one thing though , With google it doesn't crash NEAR as often with kodi 18

@siddharthmakwana
Copy link

siddharthmakwana commented Oct 1, 2019 via email

@GeorgesLady47
Copy link

Thank you both very much! I’m still a newbie and trying to learn as much as possible.

@macardi
Copy link

macardi commented Oct 25, 2019

A possible fix is suggested in this thread

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338306

Tested it, but sadly it does not work for me, but others might want to give it a go

@shomrai
Copy link

shomrai commented Feb 6, 2020

Same thing, consistently crashing search on autocomplete using XIAOMI MI 3 box Kodi 18 Leia

@konst1988
Copy link

Same thing here.
I have 2 windows 10 devices: one unbranded mini pc and one NUC.
Same kodi setup on both (Kodi folder was copied to both machines).
Same kodi version 18.6.
On the unbranded auto complete works.
On the NUC it crashes.

@C0nvert
Copy link

C0nvert commented Jul 15, 2020

Same Problem here OSMC , Vero4k+ 18.5 leia

Any fixes?

@pluracoin
Copy link

Has anybody ever fixed this?

@domb84
Copy link

domb84 commented Aug 30, 2020

Has anybody ever fixed this?

Can confirm I still have this issue on 18.7 on Raspbian on an Rpi4. (well technically retropie). I receive an std::logic_error and "abort due to double busy dialog" when selecting a search autocompletion.

@domb84
Copy link

domb84 commented Aug 30, 2020

I've forked this and put a one line fix in...

https://github.com/domb84/plugin.program.autocompletion

That version works on Rpi4 with youtube / vimeo on 18.7 at least.

@C0nvert
Copy link

C0nvert commented Aug 30, 2020

@domb84
Your fix is working on 18.x!!
Ty
How about Kodi v 19?

@domb84
Copy link

domb84 commented Aug 31, 2020

@domb84
Your fix is working on 18.x!!
Ty
How about Kodi v 19?

I don’t use it, so by all means try it. The fork I cloned says it works under 19.

@SerpentDrago
Copy link

SerpentDrago commented Aug 31, 2020

https://reddit.com/r/Addons4Kodi/comments/ijku3f/possible_fix_for_autocomplete_crash_on_kodi_18/

All users are confirming this fix works . On all platforms .

@peno64
Copy link

peno64 commented Mar 14, 2021

@domb84
I see that you updated your fork of this addon for kodi 19 (https://github.com/domb84/plugin.program.autocompletion). The standard kodi repo has this addon also but still with the hanging problem. They even updated it to kodi 19 but still with the problem.
Unfortunately when you download your zip file from the master branch, you still reference python 2 and because of this the addon can't be installed on kodi 19. When I remove that reference it does work great and no crash anymore.
Is it not possible to either remove that python dependency or provide a version for kodi 18 and one for kodi 19?
It's also a pitty that you disabled issues on your fork. As such I could not report this on your fork.

@domb84
Copy link

domb84 commented Mar 14, 2021

@peno64 i never updated it for Kodi 19 as Ive not updated to 19 yet. I’m not a developer and no intention of maintaining this. By all means fork it and commit your changes for others.

@peno64
Copy link

Why is it then saying kodi 19 support on https://github.com/domb84/plugin.program.autocompletion and is it actually modified for python 3 and does it work on it?

@peno64
Copy link

@domb84
I see it was modified by @xulek for kodi 19. Maybe he can then make the modification also to foresee a kodi 19 zip file?

@peno64
Copy link

Ah now I see. @domb84 you forked from @xulek (https://github.com/xulek/script.module.autocompletion). So it is actually @xulek who made the changes. @xulek, can you also provide a zip for Matrix or even delete the reference to python 2. Then the zip can be installed on both Leia and Matrix. Btw, why did you change it from plugin.program.autocompletion to script.module.autocompletion ?

@domb84
Copy link

domb84 commented Mar 14, 2021

It doesn’t say it supports Kodi 19 does it? even if it does I’ve never used it so I haven’t tested it. You can compare the commits. I added one line. I’ve never altered the python version.

@burekas7
Copy link

In Kodi Matrix 19, nothing crashes, but selecting a suggestion doesn't do anything.
Is anyone working on it?

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
None yet
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests