Installed Bluetooth Proxy on ESP32, now what. How can I connect a BT speaker to it?

During the last week, being sick, I looked on ESPHome and found Bluetooth Proxy.

Having 2 ESP32’s which are not working with my BTF ledstrips, I decided to put them to work to do other things.

It occurred to me, can I get it to work with a separate Spotify account (playing nature sounds) on 1 or 2 soundcore mini2’s in my bathroom. Activated by motion sensor. The Bluetooth of my dedicated HA MacMini2010 is not accepting pairing. A separate BT5.3 USB, although it is integrated in HA, not accepting pairing to these speakers also.

Last night I looked into Bluetooth Proxy again. So flashed 2 of the unused ESP’s with it. As a noob still figuring out HA and ESPHome. How can I connect it to a BT Speaker? I have 2 ESPHome integrations with BT Proxy set to go. Am I forgetting a step (I think so)

Bluetooth proxy is for “capturing” data sent by low energy sensors. No relation with bluetooth speakers, really.

There is no provision in HA to use it as BT speaker of sorts (not actually sure what you’re trying to achieve, here :wink: )

So only if I would use an old iPhone with a separate Spotify account (family account I have) connected to these speakers I could have a bit of integration. Is there a way to use BT Proxy as a Beacon scanner for all the traffic passing the premises? AirTag tagging? Making a list counting it twice… (xmas pun)

Just found out that suddenly there is a shiteload of BT addresses showing up in my entities list. Some marked direct vicinity. But don’t know if it’s my BT adapter or the BT Proxies.

Typically when you add a Bluetooth device in listing mode you get a ton of new devices, because integrations have an option to add new discovered devices automatically and it is set to enable per default.
You better stop it asap before the clean up gets too big.

Can I get them permanently removed?

You can, but it is a manual deletion, one by one.