intro

Folder Size - Explore Windows Folder Sizes

Folder Size Explorer - Show Folder Sizes In Windows

Folder Size, Direcotry Size, Disk Size, Tree Size - find the size of your folders. Freeware file size analysis.

Folder Size is a free disk space analyzer that will show folder sizes in Windows, Check the distribution of your disk space and visualize it with detailed disk usage charts. View the sizes of the folders and files and the percentage of the total disk size that they occupy.

Sort folders by size to list the largest folders and the largest files. Find which files or folders have filled up your drive. Scan your entire hard drive in minutes and list the tree size and file sizes.

Folder Size integrates with Windows File Explorer and can show folder sizes instantly. Use this free disk space analyzer to scan your PC, drives, USB and Flash disks, NAS, SAN, and network shares. Show disk usage reports to easily identify your disk space distribution, organize files, and free up space.

Folder Size can list backup folders, system folders, hidden folders, and also the system volume information folder. All the missing disk space will be revealed instantly.

DOWNLOAD NOW
Compatible with Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista (Both 32 & 64 Bit)

Folder Size Features

Folder Size is a free drive usage analyzer to show folder sizes and disk space distribution in Windows. Use it to display all the file sizes and folder tree sizes on your hard drives and network. Read this article If you wonder why folder sizes in Windows Explorer are missing.

Folder Size is extremely fast and DOES NOT affect the performance of your system. It DEOS NOT install services, file hooks or shell extensions. This software will not impact the performance of your system and will not cause any issues or slow-downs, which is not the case with other similar tools.

Folder Size has the following features:

Folder Size Windows 11, 10, 8, 7

Windows Explorer is the core file management tool in Microsoft Windows, but it does not list folder size. Many users think that this should be included by default and that they should not need an external tool, but they are totally wrong. Read this article if you want to know why Folder sizes in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and 2000, are missing. The article includes all the available options to display the folder sizes in Windows without using external tools. Though Windows provides several ways to show folder sizes in Windows Explorer, they are not very convenient if you want to perform a disk cleanup or view all folder sizes simultaneously.

Folder Size adds a Windows Explorer context menu "Scan with Folder Size" and you can use it to view the size of any folder and all its subfolders instantly. Such a menu is natively supported by Windows Explorer and does not have any performance impact. Folder Size does not install any services, file hooks, or shell extensions to your system. That is to say, unlike other tools it will not slow the system down in any way. The tool uses resources only when you start it. This is the best solution for listing the folder sizes in Windows.

Folder Size Testimonials

Mathew Galahar - IT Consultant and System Administrator
Rating: Folder Size Five Star Rating

As an IT Consultant, I often find myself tasked with optimizing and managing disk space across various systems. In this line of work, having a reliable disk space analyzer is essential, and Folder Size has quickly become one of my go-to tools for this purpose.

One of the standout features of Folder Size is its ability to show folder sizes directly from Windows File Explorer. This seamless integration allows me to quickly assess the disk usage of specific folders. Whether I'm analyzing local drives, external USB devices, or network shares, Folder Size provides comprehensive insights into disk space distribution.

The ability to visualize disk usage with detailed charts and graphs is another aspect of Folder Size that I find immensely valuable. These visual representations make it easy to identify trends and patterns in disk space consumption, allowing me to pinpoint areas that may require attention. Whether I'm dealing with large backup folders, hidden system files, or network shares, Folder Size provides a clear overview of disk usage.

One of the features that sets Folder Size apart from other disk space analyzers is its lightning-fast performance. Unlike some similar tools that can bog down system resources, Folder Size operates smoothly and efficiently, ensuring that my workflow remains uninterrupted. This is particularly important when scanning large volumes of data or performing frequent disk space analyses.

In addition to its speed and efficiency, Folder Size offers a wealth of customization options to suit my specific needs. From sorting folders by size to filtering results based on file properties, Folder Size allows me to tailor the analysis process to focus on the most relevant information. This level of flexibility is invaluable in a professional environment where efficiency and accuracy are paramount.

Overall, I highly recommend Folder Size to fellow IT professionals and system administrators looking for a powerful yet user-friendly disk space analyzer. Its seamless integration with Windows File Explorer, robust feature set, and lightning-fast performance make it an indispensable tool in my arsenal for managing disk space effectively.

Emily Smith - User

Managing disk space on my computer has always been a bit of a challenge. With a small system drive that quickly fills up with various files and folders, I've often found myself struggling to identify the culprits behind the dwindling storage space. Thankfully, Folder Size has emerged as my saving grace in this regard.

One of the standout features of Folder Size is its ability to pinpoint the exact causes of disk space consumption on my system drive. With just a few clicks, I can initiate a scan and quickly identify which files and folders are taking up the most space. This has been incredibly helpful in freeing up valuable storage space and preventing my system drive from becoming overloaded.

What sets Folder Size apart is its user-friendly interface and intuitive navigation. The reports and charts provided by the tool make it incredibly easy for me to locate large files and folders that may be contributing to the storage crunch. Whether I'm dealing with bulky media files or unnecessary system backups, Folder Size empowers me to take swift action and reclaim precious disk space.

Another feature that I've come to appreciate is the seamless integration between Folder Size and Windows File Explorer. Being able to copy, cut, paste, and move files directly from Folder Size to File Explorer (and vice versa) has streamlined my workflow significantly. Gone are the days of tediously navigating through multiple windows to manage files – Folder Size puts everything I need right at my fingertips.

In fact, Folder Size has become such an indispensable tool for me that it's the first thing I install on every new system I set up. Its ease of use, powerful features, and ability to solve my disk space woes make it an essential addition to any computer setup. Whether you're a casual user like myself or a seasoned IT professional, Folder Size is a must-have tool for efficient disk space management.

Michael Rodriguez - Full-time System Administrator

As a full-time administrator responsible for monitoring the disk usage of hundreds of users, managing file storage across the network has always been a daunting task. However, since discovering Folder Size, my job has become significantly more manageable.

One of the most valuable features of Folder Size is its ability to save and load scan results. This makes it incredibly easy for me to spot any changes in disk usage across multiple workstations. Whether it's identifying sudden spikes in storage consumption or tracking down the source of unexpected file growth, Folder Size provides the insights I need to address these issues promptly.

Running Folder Size with administrator privileges grants me access to all workstations on the network, allowing me to perform comprehensive disk usage analysis from a centralized location. This level of accessibility streamlines my workflow and ensures that I can quickly identify and address any storage-related issues as they arise.

Exporting reports to Excel has proven to be an invaluable feature for maintaining historical data and generating visual representations of disk usage trends over time. By keeping track of historical graphs, I can identify patterns and make informed decisions about resource allocation and storage management strategies.

Having tried numerous similar tools in the past, I can confidently say that Folder Size stands out as the most stable and efficient solution available. While other tools may struggle to handle large volumes of data, Folder Size effortlessly manages hundreds of millions of files and terabytes of data without freezing or crashing. The accuracy of the information provided by Folder Size sets it apart from its competitors, ensuring that I can trust the insights it provides to make informed decisions about disk usage management.

In conclusion, if you're tasked with managing disk space across a network of users and need a reliable, fast, and accurate tool to help you do so, look no further than Folder Size. Its comprehensive features, stability, and efficiency make it an indispensable asset for any system administrator.

Folder Size Command Line Parameters

Command-Line Parameters Usage: (Available only in Professional version)

FolderSize -scan “F:\mp3” -exp "d:\mp3_{DATE} {TIME}.xml;d:\mp3_{DATE} {TIME}.fsp;d:\mp3_{DATE} {TIME}.csv" –s

-scan <path> - specifies a path that will be scanned

-exp <semicolon delimited list of export formats> - Export command line parameter. Depending on the file extension will export the corresponding file type. Multiple formats can be exported at once by separating the paths with semicolons. The variables {DATE} and {TIME} will be replaced with the current date and time.

-s - stands for SILENT. Using the option the GUI will not be displayed during the scan and the application will exit after the command line actions are processed.

You can find all the command line options and their most up to date list in the application help file. There are many options to customize the export settings. If you want to export the file and folder sizes to EXCEL use the CSV file format. The CSV files are supported natively in Microsoft EXCLE and will be displayed in table format.

If you want to export all the files and folders listing as a tree structure use the XML format. XML files can be viewed in a web browser. Unlike the CSV table-view they represent a hierarchical tree view and are better suitable for listing file and folder structures.

You can find more information and details in this article: Export Folder Structure or Folder List to Excel, CSV or XML

Folder Size System Requirements